Thursday, September 13, 2012

Well That Was...Unexpected

So I am a modern girl. Really modern. I live on the internet, I would be lost without my smartphone, going anywhere more than the grocery store requires full makeup, I own so many shade of nail polish and scents of lotion it's kind of scary. However I'm giving it all up (well anything with chemicals, like hell if you're taking my internet or phone) and going natural.

I didn't intend to get rid of chemicals, in fact I'm a fan. They let me cover up multiple flaws and enhance my favorite features. Unfortunately I have eczema and I'm poor. That means that I can't afford doctors and medicated ointments to treat my eczema, I just have to kind to live with it. Lately it's been pretty bad. I mean my hands look like I have leprosy bad. While looking for home remedies online one thing I discovered over and over again was that a lot of people got relief from their eczema symptoms by cutting down on the number of chemicals that come into contact with their skin.

So first I'm going No 'Poo and cutting out commercial shampoo and conditioner. So far I'm two weeks in but that will be another post. After adjusting to No 'Poo for a month I'm going to start the Oil Cleansing Method (OCM) for my face and after that I'm going to experiment in making my own body wash. I thought it might be fun for you, my thus far imaginary readers, to follow along as this city girl becomes an unintentional hippie.

No comments:

Post a Comment